A transformer oil purifier is a device that removes solid impurities and moisture in oil by pressure filtration or vacuum evaporation. Besides, it can also be used for vacuum oiling of transformers. It is widely used in oil purification treatment and vacuum hot oil circuit drying, when various large transformer equipment are installed and maintained. Meanwhile, it is not only used for cleaning insulating oil for 110KV-550KV transformers but also suitable for advanced treatment of high-quality new oil and imported oil. At the same time, the transformer oil purifier can improve the value of itself during oil cleaning.
The main application of transformer oil purifier
- It can be used for on-site oil filtration and oil replenishment such as various oil-filled transformers, oil-filled current and voltage transformers, and low-oil and high-voltage circuit breakers.
- It can be used for hot oil circulation drying on site for the above equipment.
- It can be used for vacuum oil injection and oil replenishment on site for sealing oil-soaked equipment and vacuuming equipment.
- It can also be used for the regeneration and purification of slightly deteriorated transformer oil.
- The transformer oil purifier can be called a machine that is versatile. Considering the problem of traditional oil pollution, the original oil-containing device is used as an oil tank to circulate the hot oil between the devices.
After the oil is treated by the transformer oil purifier, the value of the oil is higher as shown in the following photo.
Three types of transformer oil purifier
Nowadays, there are many kinds of transformer oil purifiers. In fact, it can be divided into three types.
- Divided by model: ZJA series transformer oil filtration machine（double stage）, ZJB series transformer oil filtration plant (single stage), YZS transformer oil purification machine for regeneration used transformer oil.
- Divided by portability： Skid-mounted transformer oil purifier, portable oil purifiers such as portable oil purifier with trailer and portable transformer oil Purification plant with castors.
- Divided by function: ZJA series transformer oil filtration machine to remove the impurities and increase the breakdown voltage, YZS Series Transformer Oil Regeneration Machine, ZJA-BO Transformer Oil Reclamation Machine with Reactivated Regeneration Filters.
Based on above introduction, there is a brief introduction of the 6000LPH high vacuum transformer oil purifier machine which is widely used.
6000LPH high vacuum transformer oil purifier machine is designed based on the principle of different boiling points of water and oil. It consists of vacuum heating tank fine filter, condenser, primary filter, water tank, vacuum pump, oil drain pump and control cabinet, so it is characterized by low noise, strong self-priming ability, stable operation and low operation cost. The vacuum system consists of a vacuum tank, vacuum pump, condensation tank, liquid collection tank and air supply system. It has an optimized structure that increases the surface area of the oil in the vacuum system and extends the stroke of the oil in the vacuum system.
The high vacuum transformer oil purifier has automatic control systems such as frequency converter, liquid level transmitter, temperature sensors, and vacuum sensors.
It has three-stage filtration, which protects the oil pump with the coarse filter of the oil suction port and prolongs the life of the main filter.
It is equipped with various protection devices, including overload protection, overvoltage protection, phase sequence protection and abnormal operation shutdown protection, to ensure the safe operation of the equipment.
It can be used for new industrial oil filtration, system oil moisture removal, electronic industry, petrochemical industry and food industry, etc.
Methods and principles of transformer oil purification
The main methods of purification are Sedimentation, filtration (pressure or vacuum), and centrifugal separation.
- Sedimentation is also known as gravity settling method, which uses the principle depending on the effect of the self-weight of solid or liquid particles in a turbid liquid to remove suspended impurities and moisture in transformer oil. The difference in density between moisture, impurities and transformer oil is used.
- The purification principle of pressure filtration is to use the pressure of oil pump to pass the contaminated transformer oil through a filter medium with adsorption and filtration functions, which removes mechanical impurities, moisture and other impurities in transformer oil. It can achieve the purpose of purifying transformer oil, but cannot effectively remove dissolved or colloidal impurities, and gasses.
What should be paid attention to when using the transformer oil purifier?
When the transformer oil purifier is working, safety measures should be taken, and special attention you should pay:
- Avoid sucking air and leaking oil into the piping system.
- Choose the connection mode of the oil filter inlet and outlet pipes so as not to affect the heat dissipation of the transformer blade.
- Control the speed of oil flow, which must not be too large to avoid the risk of flowing and electrification.